Mama Rocks were nice enough to open their vault and share their delicious Paw Paw Pow(!) Burger Recipe now they're back with instructions for a fresh garden side salad. The sweet chili and ginger dressing and macadamia nuts make it a great accompaniment to the Paw Paw Pow! but its great enough to enjoy on its own as well.
We like this salad because it's hot, sweet and textured. Not your average salad!
Mixed salad leaves
1/4 roasted red bell pepper
4 cherry tomatoes (halved)
1 tbs olive oil (for grilling bell pepper)
For dressing (per person)
1 red bullet chili pepper (finely chopped)
1 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger
1 garlic clove, crushed
1/2 teaspoon sugar
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
About 10 macadamia nuts
Salt and ground black pepper (to season with)
Dressing: (Can be made 2 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature.)
1. Whisk first 4 ingredients in small bowl to blend.
2. Gradually whisk in olive oil.
3. Season with salt and pepper.
1. Slice red bell pepper, sprinkle with olive oil and grill in a grill pan.
2. Slice tomatoes in half.
3. Slice avocado.
4. Place mixed salad tomatoes, avocado in a bowl.
5. Drizzle with dressing and toss.
6. Place on a plate and lay the grilled red pepper slices on top